Daniel G. Amen's self-help book, 'Change Your Brain, Change Your Life: The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Anger, and Impulsiveness', has landed at No. 44 on our list of the Top 100 self-help books of all time.
Straight from a neuroscientist, Daniel Amen’s “Change Your Brain, Change Your Life,” aims to draw a strong connection between our mental health, our bodies and our feelings of well being. Utilizing brain scans that show everything from nicotine depression to epilepsy, Amen points out how different areas of the brain are prone to dying off or becoming overexcited — conditions that lead to very specific behaviors. His book targets a wide range of maladies, from anxiety to anger, worry and depression, and he offers an equally wide range of holistic answers: guided imagery, biofeedback and deep cycle breathing to name a few.
Check prices on : Change Your Brain, Change Your Life, Daniel Amen.
Content continues below ↓
Other Books by Daniel G. Amen1) 'Making a Good Brain Great: The Amen Clinic Program for Achieving and Sustaining Optimal Mental Performance', by Daniel Amen. By analyzing thousands of brain scans, Dr. Daniel Amen has developed a rather intimate knowledge of the brain, and it's led him to some startling beliefs; namely, that we need to take care of our brains – just as we would protect other parts of our body. This includes giving it the proper amounts of nutrition, water and rest. his book, 'Making a Good Brain Great' then reads like a bible for what we should and shouldn't do to maintain peak mental performance. Amazon.com: Making a Good Brain Great: The Amen Clinic Program for Achieving and Sustaining Optimal Mental Performance, by Daniel Amen.
2) 'Sex on the Brain: 12 Lessons to Enhance Your Love Life' by Daniel Amen. Dr. Daniel Amen presents compelling evidence that sex can be crucial to your health, mental state and quality of your relationships. According to his research, sexual activity with a committed partner can increase longevity, boost your immune system, regulate mood and help you manage pain. Daniel Amen's training as a neurologist gives us glances into our own minds and motivations for engaging in sex. Amazon.com: Sex on the Brain: 12 Lessons to Enhance Your Love Life by Daniel Amen.
3) 'Healing Attention Deficit Disorder: The Breakthrough Program That Allows You to See and Heal the 6 Types of ADD', by Daniel Amen. Technology is giving doctors and scientists ever-increasing access to the inner workings of the brain. In his book, 'Healing Attention Deficit Disorder: The Breakthrough Program That Allows You to See and Heal the 6 Types of ADD', Dr. Daniel G. Amen presents cutting-edge research into the causes of ADD – postulating, in fact, that there are actually two types of ADD. Amen also presents a number of ways to improve focus, including identifying symptoms, diet, exercise and medication. Amazon.com: Healing Attention Deficit Disorder: The Breakthrough Program That Allows You to See and Heal the 6 Types of ADD, by Daniel Amen.
4) 'Healing Anxiety and Depression', by Daniel Amen. A holistic approach to minimizing the effects of depression and anxiety, Daniel Amen's book, 'Healing Anxiety and Depression' draws on groundbreaking research into the causes of brain disorders by studying neurological patterns in the brain. Amen's approach relies on taking responsibility for your diet, your exercise habits and your overall health. It's only by treating all the causes, he argues, that you can eliminate all the symptoms. Amazon.com: Healing Anxiety and Depression, by Daniel Amen.
5) 'Preventing Alzheimer's: Ways to Help Prevent, Delay, Detect, and Even Halt Alzheimer's Disease and OtherForms of Memory Loss', by Daniel Amen. One of the most harrowing facts to come out of Dr. Daniel Amen's book, 'Preventing Alzheimer's: Ways to Help Prevent, Delay, Detect and Even Halt Alzheimer's Disease and Other Forms of Memory Loss' is the fact that most people aren't diagnosed with Alzheimer's until four or five years after their first symptoms appear. With early detection and by slowing or halting the symptoms, patients can greatly improve their memories and qualities of life. The book includes numerous guidelines to prevent and reduce the symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease. Amazon.com: Preventing Alzheimer's: Ways to Help Prevent, Delay, Detect, and Even Halt Alzheimer's Disease and OtherForms of Memory Loss, by Daniel Amen.
6) 'Magnificent Mind at Any Age: Natural Ways to Unleash Your Brain's Maximum Potential', by Daniel Amen. After studying some 50,000 brain scans, patterns began emerging that startled Dr. Daniel Amen – exposure to everyday contaiminants such as aspartame, caffeine, alcohol and nicotine have marked and progressive effects on the brain that are readily-apparent in brain scans. By modifying our habits, we can dramatically improve our mental functioning and memory. Amazon.com: Magnificent Mind at Any Age: Natural Ways to Unleash Your Brain's Maximum Potential, by Daniel Amen.
Who is Daniel Amen? A short biography at SelfHelp.fmAs the CEO and medical director of Amen Clinics, Inc., Daniel Amen heads up a company with the world’s largest database of functional brain scans related to psychiatric medicine (50,000+ from patients in more than 75 countries). The scans, and the relationships between them have led to groundbreaking research on the causes of various mental health problems, including Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Alzheimer's Disease, Depression and Anxiety. Read more at AmenClinics.com.