Tony Robbins' self-help book, 'Notes from a Friend', has landed at No. 70 on our list of the Top 100 self-help books of all time.
An introduction to one of the most motivational writers and speakers in the industry, “Notes from a Friend,” boils down the essence of what would become Tony Robbins’ greatest ideas. His theories on the power of questioning, success in failure, and creating a complete vision of who we want to be, are powerfully written — in a way that will stir you to start making changes immediately. Best of all are Robbins’ personal revelations on the events that would lead him to a new and unique way of living.
Check prices on : Notes from a Friend, Tony Robbins.
Content continues below ↓
Other books by Tony Robbins1) 'Unlimited Power : The New Science Of Personal Achievement'. One of the most powerful concepts in all of Anthony Robbins’ books is the idea that we must take control of our destinies, not let life dictate where they go. This starts, of course, with our minds where we often let our thoughts roam the dark corners of our pasts or futures. Robbins gives us practical techniques to channel and corral our thoughts, so that we start producing results we’d always fantasized about. Amazon.com: Unlimited Power: The New Science Of Personal Achievement.
2) 'Notes from a Friend: A Quick and Simple Guide to Taking Control of Your Life.' An introduction to one of the most motivational writers and speakers in the industry, “Notes from a Friend,” boils down the essence of what would become Tony Robbins’ greatest ideas. His theories on the power of questioning, success in failure, and creating a complete vision of who we want to be, are powerfully written — in a way that will stir you to start making changes immediately. Best of all are Robbins’ personal revelations on the events that would lead him to a new and unique way of living. Amazon.com: 'Notes from a Friend: A Quick and Simple Guide to Taking Control of Your Life'.
3) 'Live with Passion! Stategies for Creating a Compelling Future.' (AUDIO) An audio CD designed to inspire listeners to higher levels of passion within their lives. Robbins encourages us to admit that we want a lot of things out of life – money, great relationships and success. Once we stop trying to hide our desire for those things and focus on them, we start to approach our full potentials. Amazon.com: 'Live with Passion! Stategies for Creating a Compelling Future.' (AUDIO).
4) 'Get the Edge.' (AUDIO) Sometimes planning and micromanaging our lives can hamper us in the pursuit of our goals. In his self-help audiobook, 'Get the Edge', Robbins encourages us to truly think about who we are; what we most in our souls, then take small, specific steps toward that goal -- including that a lot of self-help authors ignore, waking up early, exercising, eating right, and decompressing, so that we can realign our goals. Amazon.com: 'Get the Edge.' (AUDIO).
5) 'Lessons in Mastery.' (AUDIO) Here, Tony Robbins focuses on finding balance in life – learning to experience true happiness and perfecting our pursuit of success. We can do this only through cooperation with our own desires and the desires of those around us. One constant motif: the concept of CANI (pronounced "cun-I") – constant and neverending improvement. CANI is a commitment to one small step we can take every single day to improve our lives and move closer to our goals. Amazon.com: 'Lessons in Mastery.' (AUDIO).
5) 'Giant Steps.' A small, diary-style book, 'Giant Steps' is designed to be read one page a day. It's your daily dose of empowerment from self-help speaker, Tony Robbins. Read it every morning before work, and keep his principles in mind. Amazon.com: 'Giant Steps.'.
6) 'Ebony Power Thoughts: Inspirational Thoughts from Outstanding African Americans.' Co-written with Joseph McClendon III, 'Ebony Power Thoughts' is an early book by one of the self-help book industry's titans, Anthony Robbins. The authors use the words and actions of some of the most influential black leaders in the world to encourage us to hold ourselves to a higher standard. Amazon.com: 'Ebony Power Thoughts: Inspirational Thoughts from Outstanding African Americans.'.
Related Self-Help Books1) 'NLP: The New Technology of Achievement.' Just as a cult victim can be taught to believe the wrong things, we can train our bodies to believe the right things. That's one of the central tenets behind Tony Robbins' self-help dogma, and it's called neuro-linguistic programming. NLP refers to the process of altering your 'neurological' responses or reactions to certain situations and experiences by using language ('linguistic') and new patterns of behavior ('programming'). NLP then is a form of reprogramming that does your body good. Filled with more than 40 neurolinguistic programming exercises, this book also fills us in on some of the field's most important theories. Amazon.com: 'NLP: The New Technology of Achievement.'.
Who is Anthony Robbins?Tony Robbins is one of the of the most recognizable personalities in the self-help field. In 2007 alone he made $30 million on royalties, seminars and speaking engagements. His most common lessons include overcoming fears, neurolinguistic programmaming (changing your autonomic responses to stimuli), maintaining high energy levels and motivation. Hearing him speak encourages audience members to take action immediately. Tony Robbins lives in La Jolla, California.
Hear Tony Robbins speak at the TED Conference in June 2006: Ted.com.
Tony Robbins' Official Web site: TonyRobbins.com.